Saturday, March 28, 2009

Saturday's NCAA Crystal Ball

Well, I only went 2-2 on Friday, losing my beloved Orange, but life goes on. Now I have to look back into my crystal ball and make my Elite 8 picks for today's games. The best part is that, after today, the Big East will have at least one team in the Final 4, and possibly two. Here are the picks:

WEST REGION:

- #1 UCONN vs #3 Mizzou
The Mizzou Tigers did a great job of flustering a young Memphis team with their excellent defense. There is only one problem- They now face a very experienced UCONN team that is playing better than anyone in the tournament right now. Its not going to stop this afternoon. Thabeet and Price get the job done and the Huskies to Detroit, 75-65.

EAST REGION:

- #1 Pitt vs #3 Villanova
The game that promises at least one Big East team in the Final Four. Pitt has been playing terribly, but has been winning. Villanova has been playing amazing basketball, destroying UCLA and those overrated Dukies. Honestly, I have no idea what will happen, because it is just like another league game. However, the prospects of DeJuan Blair against Tyler Hansborough or Blake Griffin is a little too appetizing for me to pass up. Give me Pitt in another tight one, 61-59.

More tomorrow for the other two Elite 8 games.

No comments:

Post a Comment