Monday, March 16, 2009

Another Chalk NCAA?

After reviewing the bracket, here are a few of my thoughts:

- SYRACUSE IS A 3 SEED! YAHOOO!

- Having three Big East teams as #1 seeds was the correct call.

- The play-in game should be between the last two teams in the tournament, and for a 12 seed. So, Wisconsin and Arizona. No conference champion should have to play an extra game to prove it is worthy.

- This looks like a pretty easy road to the Final 4 for those three Big East #1s. In my bracket, I have Pitt, Louisville and UCONN all in Detroit. Then, I have either Syracuse (fan bracket) or UNC (realistic bracket) taking the other spot. Though I do have Cuse beating Oklahoma. We match up well against the sooners, who have a dominant big man, but weak guards.

- If it is UNC/Pitt in the Final 4, the game will be determined by the refs. If they are "Big East" refs who let them play, Pitt will win. If it is an "ACC" crew, who don't allow physical play, then look for DeJuan Blair to get in foul trouble early and UNC to move on.

- Dark horse teams to root for: Western Kentucky, Binghamton, VCU, Cleveland St.

- Maryland should not be in the tournament over St. Mary's or San Diego State. Hopefully the Terps lose in the first round and go home where they belong.

- Only 2 of the top 16 teams are in danger of getting knocked out in the first round- Washington (vs Mississippi State) and Syracuse (vs Stephen F Austin). And I know you are probably thinking I have no faith in my own school. Look, I didn't think we would lose to Vermont either. But it happened.

- This could either be the tournament with the most upsets ever, or none at all. How's that for predicting the outcome.

- Someone has to prove to me that they can beat Louisville before I pick against them. UL will cut down the nets in Detroit.

3 comments:

  1. bounce arizona and wisconsin instead of the terps, jimbo jeez.

    ReplyDelete
  2. refs don't have conference affiliations

    ReplyDelete
  3. I explained this to you before razz. I call them Big East refs because they are just the ones who let them play. The ACC refs call more fouls and hurt physical teams like Pitt.

    ReplyDelete