Friday, March 27, 2009

Friday's NCAA Crystal Ball

The crystal ball brought me a perfect NCAA Thursday. Lets see if I can get it right on Friday, the second day of the Sweet 16:

MIDWEST REGION:

- #1 Louisville vs #12 Arizona
Lots of respect for the interim coach of Arizona. He knows he won't have the job next year, even if they win it all. That could really inspire his team. However, the Cardinals are the #1 overall seed, and are simply too deep and too talented. The run of Wildcats ends tomorrow, 68-55.

- #2 Michigan State vs #3 Kansas
I can't explain it, but Tom Izzo always seems to be in the Sweet 16. He is a great coach, a future hall of famer. Couple that with some inexperience from this young Kansas team, and I think it adds up to a win for the Spartans, 54-49.

SOUTH REGION:

- #1 UNC vs #4 Gonzaga
The Tarheels are a really good team. There is a reason why they were the early favorite to win it all this year. They are extremely talented, well-balanced, and have tons of experience. One would have to be crazy to pick against them. So call me insane. I just think that Lawson's toe injury might finally catch up with him. Gonzaga is constantly underachieving, but I picked them to make the Elite 8, so I can't bail on them now. Zags pull the upset, 77-75.

- #2 Oklahoma vs #3 Syracuse
Well here it is. Saving the best for last. Blake Griffin is the Oklahoma Sooners basketball team. We have no one that can stop him. However, we have people that can stop the other players the Sooners have. Call it fate, call it karma, but I think it is just too perfect that Coach Boeheim can get to the Elite 8 by getting his 800th win. Blake gets his 25 and 10, but Jonny, Eric and Andy control the key, and Rick and Arinze do just enough inside to give us the win. Cuse gets #800 for Boeheim, 65-60.

Let's hope I am right about the last one. Will probably be out tomorrow night, so I'll let you know how I did on Saturday. Enjoy the games, and GO CUSE!

No comments:

Post a Comment