Sunday, March 8, 2009

Another Reason to Love the Caps

Just when I thought my love of the Washington Capitals couldn't get any greater, I was proven wrong. My friends and I frequent The Front Page, an excellent bar in Clarendon (or Balston), that is also the official bar of the Washington Capitals. We went there this past Friday and thought it would just be another night. That was until Mike Green and Nicklas Backstrom started taking our drink orders. We had the good pleasure of drinking and chatting with the two young stars (well, really just Mike, cause Nicklas doesn't speak English) for a sizable portion of the night. Mike bought us shots. This included a toast to the downfall of Sidney Crosby led by Mike, and his answer to the question "Who is your least favorite person to play against?" His answer: Alex Ovechkin in practice. Awesome night.

1 comment:

  1. Hahaha until that your boy Mike Green squirted me with tonic water and when "my boy" sid the kid schooled ollie the goalie for the shootout win. not that i care or anything.

    thanks for the pitt love

    -todd

    ReplyDelete