Sunday, March 1, 2009

Brains in Buffalo

I promised a friend I would write a story on the Buffalo Bills.  I was looking for compelling story lines, or something to tell me that they could be the team to watch in the AFC East this year.  Sadly, that didn't happen.  Sorry Matt.  However, a Bills free agent signing did catch my attention.  Buffalo sign QB Ryan Fitzpatrick to back up starter Trent Edwards.  Why is this a big deal?  Simple.  Buffalo now has the two smartest QBs in the league on their team.  Edwards graduated from Stanford.  Fitzpatrick is a Harvard alum.  If the Bills needed to field an "It's Academic" team, take the QBs with Stanford alum OL Kirk Chambers,they would have a pretty good pair.  Lets just hope their brains can translate to the football field a little better than they have been.

No comments:

Post a Comment