Thursday, November 3, 2011

My Heisman List, So Far...

So, we have a month left until the Heisman Trophy is awarded in New York City. It will probably end up going to Andrew Luck or Trent Richardson, with Landry Jones in third. It will be something like that. The thing is, that is boring. I am not saying that they aren't deserving. In fact, I think Luck is very deserving. But they are on good all-around teams. Alabama would still be amazing without Richardson. Oklahoma's defense is very good. Hell, Stanford has a Gonzaga Eagle on the bench at QB, you know that they would still be good (that's my story and I am sticking to it!). So, how would I fill out my Heisman ballot if I were voting? Like this:

1. Case Keenum- QB- Houston

I know, I know. Pass happy offense. Conference USA sucks. Look, he is undefeated, leads the world in touchdowns and passing, and the entire team is based on him and him alone. Without Case Keenum, Houston isn't in the Top 25. Oh, and he threw 9 TOUCHDOWNS IN A GAME! NINE! The Heisman shouldn't be about who is the QB on the best team, it should be about the guy that is the best in the NCAA. Keenum holds the records, why shouldn't it be him?



2. Kellen Moore- QB- Boise State

Take everything I said about Keenum, add in that Moore will be the all-time winningest college QB by the end of the year.


3. Andrew Luck- QB- Stanford

He is great. You know that. He will probably win it. More pressure. I hope he likes South Beach. But he almost threw that USC game away with his late picks.

4. Eh...

That's right, Eh. I am not super impressed with anyone else. Like I said, Trent Richardson is great, but he is on the best team in the country, with an amazing line and receivers that block for him. I don't know how good he would be with, say, Boston College's offensive line. Then you have some running QBs- Robert Griffin III of Baylor, Russel Wilson of Wisconsin, Brandon Weeden of Oklahoma State and Denard Robinson of Michigan.

They are all dual threats and are very impressive when they are on. Griffin made Baylor football relevant, and for that alone he should win something. Wilson was the favorite for the first 6 weeks in my eyes. Weeden has OK State lined up for a BCS title birth. Robinson has Big Blue at 7-1, and had that amazing game against the Fighting Irish. But I think there is a pretty obvious break between the top 3 signal callers and everyone else.

Landry Jones is interesting because when he played poorly against Texas Tech, the team lost big. If anyone would sneak into the #4 or 5 spot for me, it would probably be Jones. But, I would much rather he not have the Heisman pressure on him, and somehow drop to the Skins in the draft.

So, my Heisman ballot is 3 deep. All QBs of undefeated teams... I guess that is just as boring as I thought it was. But I am serious when I say Case Keenum deserves to win. Watch a Houston game, if possible. He is very impressive.

No comments:

Post a Comment