Thursday, November 3, 2011

All The Sports I Have Missed

Let's try to recap what has happened since I was gone...

MLB
- The Cardinals won the World Series. Congrats to them. I wasn't rooting for them, but am very happy for Arthur Rhodes winning a title. I loved him on the Orioles when I was a kid. La Russa then retired, and now they need a manager. We will keep you updated.

- The playoffs were a ton of fun. Lots of fun games. Game 6 of the World Series was very dramatic, even if it did have awful pitching and defense.

- Free Agency started two hours ago. I would love the Nationals to get Mark Beuhrle and a decent centerfielder. If somehow the Rays cut BJ Upton, we would throw a ton of money at him. Instead, I have a feeling we will land oft-injured prettyboy Grady Sizemore. The ladies and the gay community will be happy. I will be waiting for the day that Werth moves over to center for Bryce Harper in right.

- The top free agents are Prince Fielder, Albert Pujols and Jose Reyes. I think that Albert is staying put. He is the entire franchise in St. Louis. I think Prince is staying in the same division, but will be the first star for Theo Epstein and the Cubbies. I am still unsure of where Jose Reyes might end up. I could see the Mets breaking the bank for him at the price of the rest of their team. However, I could see a team like the Marlins making a huge, gaudy push for him, and then make ever-fatter Hanely Ramirez their third baseman.

- The Yankees and Red Soxs will fight over a bunch of free agents, mainly CJ Wilson. We will then hear about how he makes the team that gets him the favorite. And then neither will win the title next season.


NFL
- The Packers are amazing.

- The 49ers are really good on defense, have a ton of weapons on offense, and Alex Smith isn't making mistakes. Jim Harbaugh is getting out of this team what Mike Singletary couldn't.

- The Dolphins are awful. So are the Colts, but we know why. The Dolphins are in the lead for Andrew Luck because I can't see them winning a game. Though they do play...

- The Redskins. After Sexy Rexy went 3-2, the father-son morons known as the Shanahans switched to your favorite 30 year old 6-game starting Mormon, John Beck. He has been awful, and the Skins are 3-4. I love it, because at some point we will have to completely restart around solid youth and competent management. I would love it if we ended up in position to draft Landry Jones from Oklahoma, then use the rest of our small amount of picks to draft O-line to protect him. But that probably won't happen, because we are not so lucky.

- The Bills and Lions continue to impress me.

- The Steelers are back.

- The Saints are very inconsistant.

- My fantasy teams all have winning records.

NHL
- The Caps are off to the best start in franchise history. I just want them to go far in the playoffs.

NBA
- HA!

NCAA Football
- Alabama, LSU, Oklahoma State, Boise State, Stanford. Those are your realistic National Title contenders. 2 of them will be undefeated at the end of the year. And if not, CHAOS! I am predicting Alabama vs Boise in the title game, and I don't see Boise keeping up.

- More realignment, more questions, more to come.

- Case Keenum threw 9 touchdowns last week. NINE! WHAT?! He won't even be mentioned for the Heisman, and it is a shame. He is a lot of fun to watch.


NCAA Basketball
- #5 Syracuse played its first exhibition and won Tuesday night. Hooray!

- Syracuse freshman Rakeem Christmas wears number 25. Genius!

- Butler lost an exhibition to a Division II team. They will still make at least the Sweet 16.



That's all I can think of right now!

No comments:

Post a Comment