Thursday, November 17, 2011

This Is Why I Can't Have Nice Things

So, there is apparently a sexual abuse scandal at my alma mater, Syracuse University. This is another reason why I have stopped going to church. Just when things are going well, something awful happens in my life. This is one of those things. I do not want my school, my basketball program, or my legendary coach besmirched by something like that. The information is not nearly as damning from what I have read, but you never know.
Because you will ask me about this soon enough- The difference between Syracuse and Penn State, as I understand the facts right now:
- There was no coverup,
- Coach Boeheim was never told,
- There has been no corroborating evidence,
- The police were told, investigated and closed the case, Syracuse did their own 4-month investigation, interviewed all the people the complainant said would support him, and they all denied it.
That's where it is now If it is completely false, then fine. We move on. If Boeheim knew nothing about it, then he is safe. Chancellor Cantor and AD Dr. Gross can't be fired because they weren't there at the time, which might be a shame cause I don't like either of them. If it turns out that Boeheim did know what was going on like JoePa did, then he has to be fired like JoePa was.
There ya go.

No comments:

Post a Comment