Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Just Some Thoughts

I have no one topic I feel like writing at length about right now. So, here are a few short thoughts on a bunch of things. Enjoy!

- JoePa has to go now. He should walk away, set a good example, take some responsibility and retire. But he won't. He has already says he is done at the end of the year, not now. And that is not acceptable. Jason Reid of The Washington Post wrote a great column on this today. Read it here.

- I have to confess something- I do kind of miss the NBA. Not that much, of course. But being unemployed allows me to keep my crazy hours of staying up very late. What I miss is watching the West Coast NBA games on TNT or ESPN. I miss Clippers-Suns. I miss watching the Warriors and the Trail Blazers. I know it sounds insane, but I liked knowing that, at 1 am, there would be live sports on. Plus, my man Hakim Warrick plays for the Suns, and my man Jonny Flynn is on the Rockets. Need some Pro-Cuse time. Speaking of...

- College Basketball has started! YAY! Cuse has played two exhibitions and won pretty easily. It will be interesting to see how we do against real teams, not St. Rose.

- I went out drinking for a friend's birthday instead of watching Alabama-LSU. The bar had no TVs. From what I saw on SportsCenter, I made a good choice. Please no rematch, BCS. I will be rooting hard for Stanford, Boise and OK State the rest of the way just to avoid that possibility.

- I do not like the Nationals being linked to Roy Oswalt or Ryan Madson. We don't need an old, injured starter, nor do we need an overpriced closer. We have a great young closer named Drew Storen. We have a great young setup man who could close on any other team named Tyler Clippard. Clip n Store = better than Madson. As for Oswalt, Mark Buehrle is younger, better, less injury-prone. Sign him!

- Sid the Kid (who I hate) might be back Friday. Welcome back, I suppose. I will like you if you come back and take out Jagr.

- Happy Birthday Adam Dunn. I have faith you will bounce back. I always liked you Adam. Always have, always will.

- The World Series of Poker winner, some German 22 year old, won $8.7 million. Nice work if you can get it.

- I have watched Pulp Fiction 4 times in the past week. I love that movie. You should see it if you haven't.


That's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment