Tuesday, January 4, 2011

NFL Wild Card Week Predictions

Hello everyone! Now that it is the playoffs, I figured I would give you my predictions (and my crazy reasons behind them) for the 4 games on this weekend's Wild Card slate. We will start in the NFC.

Saints at Seahawks:

Yes, I know that Qwest Field has an amazing atmosphere, and is one of the toughest places to play. Yes, I know that the 12th man can be intimidating. However, I also know that the Seahawks are in the playoffs with a losing record- the first time that has ever happened. I also know that the Saints finished at 12-4, and beat the #1 seed on the road. They are a little banged up, but I don't see how Drew Brees lets the cool Seattle air stop him from moving the Saints through to the 2nd Round and a match up with the Bears. Give me Who Dat Nation, 24-10.

Packers at Eagles:

I was wrong about how good the Eagles would be, but that is because I didn't factor in Vick in my preseason predictions. He has been outstanding (for the most part) and actually looks like he knows how to throw now. He is solid, McCoy, Maclin and DeShawn are solid. However, Aaron Rodgers is just as good with his arm, Greg Jennings will be the best WR on the field, Donald Driver always makes big plays when they matter, and the Packers aren't as banged up as the Eagles are. Green Bay might be the hottest team in the playoffs (NFC at least. Calm down, New England), and I think they will be able to go into Philly a second time and upset the NFC East champions. It'll be a shootout, but I like the Packers 20-17.


And now onto the AFC!

Jets at Colts:

Rex says that it is personal. I say the Ryan brothers are a combined 0-6 playing Peyton when he actually cared. The Jets look less impressive than they did in the middle of the season, and Sanchez's arm is a bit dinged up. At least he doesn't have to play outside this week. It will be closer than some Colts fans would like, but Peyton Manning will advance his team at least one round. Give me Indy 17-14 at home.

Ravens at Chiefs

I think the playoff seeding worked out great for the Ravens. They don't have to go play Peyton, who has a tendency to destroy them. Instead, they get to go face KC in Arrowhead. While it isn't a sure thing, the Ravens should be able to control the ball and keep it away from the Chiefs' dangerous running attack. Suggs, Lewis, Ngata and the rest of the D will be able to get to Cassel before he has a chance to find Bowe deep, and Ed Reed will always be lurking for a slightly messed-up throw. I don't think that the Chiefs' corners can contain Mason or Boldin either. Am I biased because I picked them to go to the Super Bowl? Sure. But it doesn't mean I am wrong. Quoth the Ravens, 21-13.

Enjoy your weekend of football!

No comments:

Post a Comment