Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Musings

Well, I have missed a few weeks of sports, so here are some thoughts:

- Very glad the Packers, one of my picks, made it to the Super Bowl. I will be rooting for them. I wish the Steelers hadn't beaten the Ravens, but they shut up the Jets so I can't be that sad.

- I will give a more in-depth Super Bowl preview later next week.

- The Wizards still haven't won on the road. They have to at some point, right?

- The Nationals report in a few weeks. I think they can finish ahead of the Mets, possibly the Marlins. I think they can, but don't believe they will. And yet I bought season tickets...

- Syracuse basketball started out 18-0. It was fantastic. They have since lost their last 3 games by double digits. Not sure what is going on there. They will make the tournament, of course, but the chances of a 2 seed in the East, which would give them 2 opening round games here in DC, are quickly slipping away. We need to find a consistent shooter.

- The Capitals are hot and cold, and it is difficult to watch them at times. I don't believe they can go to the Finals. Hopefully I am wrong, but I won't be surprised if they lose in the first round. I also don't like their chances to win the South East with Tampa playing like they are.

- The NFL awards are coming out after the season, and I obviously don't have a vote, but I think that the offense rookie award needs to go to either St. Louis' Sam Bradford or Tampa's Mike Williams. Williams' teammate LeGarrett Blount should get some consideration also, as should Colt McCoy.

- The Pro Football Hall of Fame announcement the day before the Super Bowl, I will talk about that also. Faulk, Primetime and possibly the Bus are ins. Curtis Martin, a WR, and at least one lineman (either side of the ball) will be in also. Ray Guy won't be. I object.

Can't think of anything else right now, but when I do I will make sure to post it. Have a good evening.

3 comments:

  1. Jim,
    Check out bleacherreport.com on accusations of Syracuse point shaving.

    Uncle Jim

    ReplyDelete
  2. The person who started the rumor has already come out and apologized, saying it was false. This is what happens when people believe everything they read on the internet. Seems that no one does research anymore before reporting stories.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad that it was false. Since then the Orange kicked UCONN's butt to shut everybody up.
    I sometimes go to bleacherreport for any Met rumors. No good news in Mets land. We desperately need new owners who don't pay players from ponzi scheme money. Check out NY Times articles from the past 2 weeks for the gory details.

    ReplyDelete