Monday, April 12, 2010

Been a While

Sorry it has been so long, but there was a tragedy in my life, the loss of a dear friend. At 23, he left us far too young, and so my interest in sports and blogging has waned recently. But I need to try to bring things back to something close to normal for me, so here are some thoughts on what has been happening in the sports world.

- McNabb is out of Philly and now on my team. I love it. Just make sure we get some O-line help. I'd love to draft Okung or move down to get more picks for more linemen. If we really don't care about draft picks either, trade next year's 2nd rounder to the Ravens for Jared Gaither, who can be a franchise tackle.

- The Nats are off to a 3-3 start. Already 3/63rds of the way to not losing 100!

- Lefty won the Masters, and I think everyone was happy for him, considering what he has been through with his wife and mother both battling breast cancer. Notice how he stuck by them and has no controversy surrounding him. Are you paying attention Tiger?

- The Caps won the President's Trophy and will now be taking on Montreal in the first round. Hopefully, in a week, we will be talking about a sweep by Ovie and the boys.

- The NBA regular season is apparently still going on. The Thunder, Bobcats and Hawks are all in the playoffs. What is the world coming to?

- Everyone should see the play Mark Buerhle made on opening day. It was insane, and will be the play of the year... AND IT CAME ON OPENING DAY!

- The NFL Draft is in a week and a half. When I find time, I will mock a 1st round for you, my 6 loyal readers.

Might do some more today, or some tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. Jim,
    Deepest sympathy on the loss of your friend. Way too young!
    Skins have to think O-LINE, O-LINE, O-LINE!
    Bad start of Mets road trip. Only 7 games into season and there's a "Jerry Watch" on the manager. He could be gone before the All-Star break. We may be looking up at your team at seasons end.

    Uncle Jim

    ReplyDelete