Thursday, January 14, 2016

NFL Playoff Preview and Picks- Divisional Round

Well, I went 4-0 on my picks last week, which is unfortunate because my Skins are out now.  Still proud of them for the season they had.  Kirk Cousins should expect a contract around $17 million a year, so the same money as Alex Smith or Jay Cutler.  I have a few friends that are Vikings fans too.  I am happy that they have other sports to concentrate on after that loss.  Then the Bengals and Texans lost, one my self-destruction and one by not showing up at all. So, 4-0, and looking for that to continue into the Divisional Round.  Let's just call this Episode V: The Home Teams Strike Back.

Saturday

Kansas City Chiefs at New England Patriots, 4:35 pm

The Chiefs destroyed the Texans last week.  Just clobbered them.  They look like they could actually make a deep run in the playoffs based on that game.  However, do you ever bet against the Patriots?  That's a good way to lose money. Add in that Jeremy Maclin may not suit up for KC, and the Pats are getting Edelman back, it could be a very long day for Chiefs fans.  Their defense can make all the plays, though, that will keep them in the game.  We still don't know if Chandler Jones is going to be playing on Sunday either following a bizarre possible OD incident this week.  New England is a 5-point favorite right now, and that seems like a pretty good bet.  Patriots find a way to win, 24-19.


Green Bay Packers at Arizona Cardinals, 8:15 pm

Well, it was nice of the real Aaron Rodgers to finally show up, huh?  It was also a bad time for the Redskins defense to remember that they weren't that good.  The Packers looked like their old selves as they eliminated my Skins.  But will it continue this week?  After all, it was only three and a half weeks ago that the Pack when to Arizona and got destroyed 38-8.  I think that the Cardinals are a better team top to bottom, even though playing without Tyrann Matthieu is hurting them.  Green Bay will play better than it did last time, but I still have the Cardinals winning in a shoot out, 34-28.


Sunday

Seattle Seahawks at Carolina Panthers, 1:05 pm

The Seahawks are the luckiest damn team I have ever seen.  They really had no right winning that game, but a collapse in coverage on a broken play and a shanked kick means they get to go to Carolina and play against the MVP.  This is another rematch, as the Panthers went to Seattle in Week 5 and beat the Seahawks 27-23.  I think this is Cam Newton's big coming out year, and it would be a waste to see it end so quickly in the playoffs.  Plus, Cardinals/Panthers would be a very fun game to watch.  I do not expect this one to be a shootout, since both defenses are so good.  So, give me the Panthers to win 17-13.


Pittsburgh Steelers at Denver Broncos, 4:40 pm

I am working with the assumption that Big Ben's injury will take some of the zip off his throws, and that Antonio Brown will miss this game after Vontez Burfect tried to decapitate him with his shoulder last week.  I also think the return of Peyton Manning will help a lot in the Denver running game.  He is so good at changing the calls at the line that the Steelers defense will have to respect the pass, and so Ronnie Hillman and CJ Anderson could have a great day.  Lets not forget that this Pittsburgh team probably would have lost last week if it wasn't for the Bengals meltdown.  I'll take Denver, Peyton, that defense, the altitude, and a home team sweep, 27-20.


There are my picks.  Maybe I will be 8-0 this time next week, or I could be back to .500.  Either way, enjoy the games.

No comments:

Post a Comment