Sunday, February 3, 2013

Official JFLANland Super Bowl Pick!

My pick to win this year's Super Bowl?  The Baltimore Ravens, 20-17, over the 49ers. 

Why, you ask? 

Well, for one, I want them to win.  They are a local team.  They have Syracuse players (Go Arthur Jones!).  I like Joe Flacco and Ray Rice.  Next, they seem to be that "team of destiny" due to Ray Lewis' upcoming retirement.  Finally, I'll feel very bad for John Harbaugh if Jim wins in his second year.  He hasn't faced any real adversity in his coaching yet.  John Harbaugh had to live an entire year knowing that he was a Lee Evans catch away from the Super Bowl last season.

Also, I don't want the 49ers to win because of what their idiot CB Chris Culliver said about homosexual players.  That is just ignorance on a staggering level at this point in history.

The only way I would be truly happy with a 49ers win is if Colin Kaepernick gets hurt, and Alex Smith comes in and saves the day.  He has been all class as a backup, much like Drew Bledsoe was when he got hurt and Tom Brady replaced him.  I just hope he gets a chance to shine outside of his backup role.  He had made such big strides last year and in the early part of this season.

So, there is it.  I pick the Ravens...  which means the 49ers will probably win.  Sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment