Saturday, February 2, 2013

My 2013 Pro Football Hall of Fame Ballot

The Football HoF announcement is today.  There are 17 finalists, 15 modern era and 2 Veteran committee.  Here is my ballot for the 2013 Pro Football Hall of Fame:

1. Larry Allen, OT, Dallas Cowboys/ San Francisco 49ers
2. Curley Culp, DT, Kansas City Chiefs/ Houston Oilers/ Detroit Lions
3. Jonathan Ogden, OT, Baltimore Ravens
4. Dave Robinson, LB, Green Bay Packers/ Washington Redskins
5. Warren Sapp, DT, Tampa Bay Buccaneers/ Oakland Raiders
6. Will Shields, OG, Kansas City Chiefs
7. Michael Strahan, DE, New York Giants

Yes, an almost-entire lineman class.  Why?  Because they all deserve it.  Culp and Robinson are the Vet committee nominees, so I assume they will get in.  Allen, Ogden, Sapp and Strahan are all first ballot HoF worthy players in their first year of eligibility.  Shields is the best guard of the past 2 decades.  These are no-brainers.

The problem, of course, is that some of the big Hall of Fame logjams aren't fixed.  I don't have Cris Carter in because there is a class size limit of 7 people.  If that didn't happen, he might have gotten in by now.  Bill Parcells still wouldn't be in, but he hasn't really been retired for enough years so I am fine keeping him out.  Jerome Bettis will get in eventually, because there isn't another great running back coming up until Tomlinson in 4 years.

I will be surprised if the actual class is what I projected.  If Ogden and Shields get in, I will be happy.  Enjoy the announcement!

No comments:

Post a Comment