Thursday, May 24, 2012

Lord, It Has Been A While

So, I went MIA for a little bit there, didn't I?  No worries!  I am back and ready to write for you.  What have I missed?

-  The Stanley Cup Playoffs is down to the Western Conference Champion LA Kings, led by Johnathan Quick, vs the winner of the Devils/Rangers.  The Devils won tonight, and will have a chance to close out the series in Game 6.

-  The NBA playoffs are almost onto the Conference finals.  The West is set between the young Oklahoma City Thunder and the veteran San Antonio Spurs.  The East? Still waiting.  I am pulling for the Pacers to somehow make it out, but the Heat will probably pull it out.  Does anyone really think LeBron and D-Wade are going to get eliminated this early?

-  Lots of good baseball going on in the DMV (That's DC/Maryland/Virginia, for the tragically un-hip).  The Nats and O's are both still in first place at the quarter poll of the season.  I like what I see.

-  Josh Hamilton is back to his insane ways.  Bryce Harper is playing well, as is Yu Darvish.  Matt Kemp's injury has let the pack gain ground in the MVP race.  Is it too early to be thinking awards?

- Kentucky Derby winner I'll Have Another had... another... big race win at the Preakness.  He will be trying to take the Belmont and the Triple Crown in June.  I would love it if he did...  I don't think he will.  It'd be too amazing.

- The Avengers!  No, it has nothing to do with sports at all.  But it is an amazing film.  Seen it in IMAX 3-D twice already.  Just fantastic.  Go see it!  Now!


Ok, just like that I am caught up.  I'll write more soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment