Saturday, December 31, 2011

My 2011 Best Of List

Hello again and Happy New Year to you! On this, the last day of 2011, I decided I wanted to write a list of what I considered the Best of 2011. This is more than just a sports list, but I will include that as well:

Best Team- The Green Bay Packers. Not only did they win the Super Bowl, but they then went on a tear in the 2011 season.

Best Play- The Gonzaga Lax 80-yard goal. It made SportsCenter's Top 5 plays of the year, and should have been number 1!

Pro Star of the Year- Dirk Nowitzki

NCAA Star of the Year- Kemba Walker

Sports Moment of the Year- The last day of baseball's regular season. It was insane. They Ray's comeback alone would have gotten it. But add in the other games and it was just perfect.

Biggest Sports Tragedy- Dan Wheldon's death

Biggest Scandal Related to Sports- Jerry Sandusky

Favorite Sports Figure of the Year- Drew Brees. Just a great guy.

Least Favorite Sports Figure of the Year- Rex Ryan. Shut up!


And now some non-sports ones!

Movie of the Year- The Muppets. I know it isn't Oscar-worthy or anything, but no movie made me happier or more emotional.

Album of the Year- Wasting Light by Foo Fighters. Not only was it the best album in my opinion, but seeing them might have been the best concert I have ever been to.

Song of the Year- F@*k You by Cee Lo Green

Artist You Couldn't Escape- Adele. I mean, even the rock station in DC, DC101, played Rolling in the Deep. No escape! Not that she is bad, but come on!

News Moment of the Year- The Death of Osama bin Laden. Shocking I didn't pick the Royal Wedding, I know.

Favorite Celebrity of the Year- Jason Segel. How I Met Your Mother and The Muppets. Works for me.

Least Favorite Celebrity of the Year- Any Kardashian



Personal Achievement of the Year- Finishing my Masters. Dad would be proud.

Best Friend's Moment of the Year- The wedding of my good friends Deirdre and Kevin.

Sad (Superficial) Personal Moment of the Year- Hawk n' Dove closing.

Tragic Moment of the Year- Losing Manny Marshall in a car accident. We miss you bro.

Reason I Have Gotten Through This Year Sane- My friends, my family, and a certain someone :)


Thanks for reading, folks. Hope you all have an amazing 2012. I hope the Mayans are wrong and we get a 2013 also. If not, enjoy the time you have left. Happy New Year!

1 comment: