Wednesday, March 3, 2010

BIG EAST CHAMPS!


My boys did it. #1 Syracuse beat St. John's last night to secure the outright Big East regular season championship. They dominated on Senior night, giving Arinze Onuaku and Andy Rautins (and Wes Johnson?) a proper Dome send off. Jim Boeheim should be the Big East and NCAA Coach of the Year for the job he has done with this group of players, far exceeding expectations. I also believe Rautins should be the Big East Player of the Year, but he will probably lose the honor to Villanova's Scotty Reynolds. But that doesn't really matter- We are the champs. Now on to the tournament in the Garden, and then that #1 seed in the NCAAs. LETS GO ORANGE!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Jim,
    Congrats on the big win! Today, I'm wearing the 'CUSE shirt that you gave me. Even though I favor both the Orange and the Hoyas (because of your Dad), I always hope for as many Big East teams as possible to get the NCAA's.

    In MLB, I read that the Nats signed Livan Hernandez. We'll see if he lasts the season. Got a chance to see the Mets Ike Davis play 1st yesterday. He looked good in the field and got 2 hits. He could be our 1st baseman next year if the Mets don't go after Adrian Gonzalez (they're one of 12 teams asking the Padres about him).

    In the NFL, I'm hoping that the Giants can sign a linebacker or pass rusher during this free agent period. If not, there's a great middle linebacker out of Alabama who could be had if NY can trade up.

    Good luck in midterms.

    ReplyDelete