Tuesday, October 13, 2009

NFL 3 Up 3 Down

Quite a weekend in the NFL, though both of my fantasy teams lost. Damn you Roddy White...


3 Up

1. Peyton Manning- I have been lucky to see a bunch of Hall of Fame QBs in my life: Montana, Aikman, Young, Moon, Favre, Kelly, Marino, Elway, Brady... Just my opinion, but Peyton is better than all of them. Its a true pleasure watching him play football.

2. The Atlanta Falcons- I guess the extra week to prepare for the improved 49ers defense helped. What a blow out. If I had only started Roddy White in one fantasy league... and if I hadn't been playing him in the other...

3. Emotion from a coach- Talk about "looking like a kid out there". No, not Favre, Josh McDaniels. I have never seen a coach that happy about a regular season win. It was awesome, and the Broncos are still undefeated. Guess my 5-12 prediction looks as good as my Skins 10-6 one....

Bonus- Donovan McNabb- He is back and looked great. Eat it Philly fans. I cannot wait until they run him out of town, only to have him go to the Vikings and win a Super Bowl. He is the best player in the franchise's history, and they hate him. Go figure.

3 Down

1. The Bills and Browns- I never thought I would see unwatchable football, and then NFL Redzone showed me some of the Bills/Browns game. Good googamoo. 6-3 final, and the winning QB completes 2 passes... total. All game... Wow.

2. The New York Jets- Hmm... I guess all that talk about how amazing the Jets were and how Sanchez is already a top tier signal-caller were a wee bit premature. I wouldn't be so hard on the Jets if I didn't know/work with a whole bunch of them, but as it is, they are only one game better than my sorry,no account Redskins.

3. Questionable Calls against the Ravens- That last drive for Cincinnati was another one for the Palmer legend book. And yeah, Ray Lewis came over the middle too hard on Ochocinco. But those pass interference penalties were bogus. Also, on every single play, there was a hold on the Bengals that went uncalled. I am not going to say there is a conspiracy against Baltimore or anything, but has anyone else noticed how they seem to get hosed by the refs more than any other team?

No comments:

Post a Comment