Saturday, January 14, 2012

NFL Playoff Picks, Week 2

So... I didn't do so well last week in my picks. 1-3. I blame Satan. The Red 666. You know, Tim Tebow! That's right. He is of the devil! But I digress. Here are my picks for Week 2:

- New Orleans 30 San Francisco 20. This games comes down to which QB I trust to play well in a big situation. I'll take Drew Brees any day and twice on Sunday over Alex Smith. San Fran's defense is #1 against the run, but in the teens against the pass. Darren Sproles, Chris Ivory and Pierre Thomas will provide just enough of a rushing attack to balance out Air Brees. The Saints' offense will just be too much, and they will move on.

- New England 45 Denver 9. I'll be honest, this pick is really what I hope happens. I am tired of Tebow. I am tired of his every accomplishment being hailed as some kind of miracle. If Pittsburgh had Ryan Clark last week, that OT play wouldn't have happened. Tom Brady can make this happen. If he is allowed the time to throw all day, he will pick the Bronco's D apart. I hope that Vince Wilfork has a few sacks so his massive frame can crush Tebow a bit and bring him back to reality. It has been a fun ride in Denver, but it's time for the big boys to play.

- Baltimore 21 Houston 17. I bet that the Ravens will jump out to a nice lead in this game, like 14-0, and then let the Texans back in late. Hopefully they hold on to face New England next week. Their defense and Ray Rice should be enough to power them over Houston. Furthermore, it comes down to which QB you trust. I will take Joe Flacco over TJ Yates.

- Green Bay 28 New York 24. This could be my upset special of the week, because I love how the Giants are playing right now. But it is Lambeau. It is the Packers. It is the playoffs. I know I should have learned my lesson about picking against Eli in big games, but I just can't see the Packers losing in their first game after the season they had. Plus, this sets up a rematch of the Week 1 thriller in Lambeau.


Let's hope we do better than 1-3!

No comments:

Post a Comment