Saturday, January 7, 2012

NFL Playoff Picks- Week 1

Here are my picks for Week 1 of the NFL Playoffs-

- Cincinnati over Houston 21-10. I don't like the Texans offense in the past few games. I know that Foster and Tate run well, the the Bengals can stuff the run with the best of them. Look for AJ Green to break free for a big play, and that Bengals D to force at least 2 turnovers.

- New Orleans over Detroit, 45-35. Offense is fun. Drew Brees is on fire, and just has too many weapons. I wouldn't be surprised if the Lions keep it close until very late, but I just think Brees is putting something special together (Spoiler Alert for next week).

- Atlanta over New York 20-17. Close game here. I don't like picking against Eli in big games, nor do I like picking Atlanta in big games. But I think that they will do their best to make up for their embarrassment at the hands of the Packers last year. I predict a big game for Tony Gonzalez, and the Falcons steal one in the Met-owlands.

- Pittsburgh over Denver 24-9. I am hoping Tebow Time is over. Really hoping. What better team to put that to rest than the hard hitting Steelers? Big Ben seems to be at his best when wounded. While losing Pouncey, Mendenhall and Clark will hurt, I still think the Steelers will be able to get Wallace or Brown open for big touchdowns.


I of course could be wrong. But hopefully I am not.

No comments:

Post a Comment