Monday, October 13, 2014

A New Feature- JFLAN's WWE Network Pick Of The Week!

Hello all.  Apologies for being somewhat absent recently.  All of my friends seem to be getting married, requiring me to spend a long time away from sports and concentrating on things like love.  Disgusting, I know.  But, I am back, and I will now have a new weekly feature.  For those of you lucky enough to be wrestling fans, you hopefully know how amazing the WWE Network is.  Every pay-per-view ever by WWE, WCW, and ECW.  All future WWE PPVs.  Original content like WWE Countdown, Wrestlemania Rewind, and even the 2 hour documentaries about the real life rises to fame of some of WWE's biggest stars.  All of this, of course, is available for just $9.99.  So, I have decided to pick something from the Network for you all to watch.  So, with my inaugural pick, I have chosen the 1996 Royal Rumble!

I picked this because, at one point in my life, I memorized the entire entry order from the 30-man over the top rope battle royal.  It is a good one, featuring some major stars like Diesel, Shawn Michaels, Owen Hart, Yokozuna, and the Rumble debut of "The Ringmaster" (soon to be known as Stone Cold Steve Austin) and the WWE debut of Vader.  Plus, keep a lookout for Dr. Isaac Yankem, who would later be rebranded (in amazing fashion) as Kane.  There is also an excellent main event, as Undertaker took on the WWE Champion Bret Hart.

Again, I highly recommend viewing this gem from the mid-90s, and encourage you to sign up for the WWE Network.  If you aren't a wrestling fan... well... your loss.

No comments:

Post a Comment