Sunday, February 2, 2014

JFLANland's Super Bowl Pick

I don't think I have been this torn on a Super Bowl pick in a while. On the one hand, I think that the Seahwaks have an advantage is almost every relevant stat and trend. The top defense usually beats the top offense. Their style of football is more conducive to an outdoor night game in 40 degree temperatures.  They have the kind of secondary that can completely cancel out Thomas, Decker and Welker.  Every number tells me to pick Seattle.

However, I love Peyton Manning. I wholeheartedly believe he is the greatest quartback of all time.  No other QB has had to win multiple championships with his numbers to prove that. !arino has none. Favre only has 1, and now has one fewer appearances in the big game than Peyton does.  He has been stellar this season, and I believe has the drive and leadership to will his team to a victory today.

So, what is my pick? Do I go with the numbers and my head, or do I pick my the better story and my heart...

The heart wins.  Give me Denver, 27-23.

Enjoy the Super Bowl, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment