Thursday, September 8, 2011

Are You Ready For Some Football?!

Well, just finished watching an amazing opening game, in which the Green Bay Packers beat Drew Brees and the Saints, 42-34. It was exciting, thrilling, back and forth- everything that football should be... Well, there was very little defense, but still. Football is back! Time for my predictions for your division winner and wild cards, and my eventual conference champions, leading to the Super Bowl pick! I base this on nothing at all, just my gut feeling. Here you go-

NFC EAST- Philadelphia Eagles (proceeds to vomit all over himself)
NFC SOUTH- Atlanta Falcons (Spoiler, not the only team from this division)
NFC NORTH- Green Bay Packers (Duh)
NFC WEST- St. Louis Rams (and Robbie Griffin goes wild!)
Wild Card 1- New Orleans Saints
Wild Card 2- Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Like I said, based on nothing but my own gut. I hate that the Eagles are the favorite, but they are. The Rams will make it by actually going over .500. Bradford has some receivers now, so it will be a nice year for him. Green Bay, New Orleans and Atlanta will be back in the show. Tampa will take the next step and beat out Detroit, Minnesota and Arizona for the last Wild Card Spot. I think the NFC Championship game will be a rematch of the game we just watched- New Orleans and Green Bay in Lambeau. I think the result will be the same as well. Packers 28 Saints 20.

AFC EAST- New England Patriots (Too good)
AFC South- Houston Texans (Caviat- my friend Pete picked the Texans. He is cursed. So somehow this pick will be wrong)
AFC North- Pittsburgh Steelers (Consistent)
AFC West- San Diego Chargers (Their year??)
Wild Card 1- New York Jets
Wild Card 2- Baltimore Ravens

Roughly the same cast of characters as we have had in recent years, with the exception of Houston. But I think that it is time for the Patriots to get back to the big game, beating the Chargers in the AFC Championship game, 17-16.

So there it is. Pats/Packers in the Super Bowl. No Favre, Bledsoe, Martin or Howard in this game though. It will be a shootout between two great QBs. Call me crazy, but I think that this Pack squad can go back to back. 35-31, they repeat as the Super Bowl Champs!

I picked them last year, can lightning strike twice? We shall see. Enjoy football everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment