Friday, January 8, 2010

My Picks for Wild Card Weekend

Here are my picks for the Wild Card weekend playoff games:

- I like the Ravens over the Patriots 20-14. Losing Wes Welker last week was a huge blow to the Patriots. With the exception of their game against the Jags, the past5 Brady has had more interceptions that touchdowns. The Ravens will hit him in the mouth and run all over the D.

- I understand that the Jets D is great. But I also know that they shouldn't be in the playoffs. They backed in against two opponents that laid down for them. Going back to Cincinnati, I think the Bengals come up big, dominate the time of possession and win by 14. Give me Cincy 28-14.

- The Cardinals have a bunch of injuries. Anquan Boldin has a high ankle sprain and a sprained MCL, but will still probably play. They didn't show anything to the Packers last week, except that Matt Leinart isn't that good. The Packers could have fits with Fitzgerald, but if they can ignore the hobbled Boldin then I think they can pull one out on the road. Give me a shootout, but a close one. 31-28 Packers.

- The Cowboys actually have been winning late in the season. So I am completely thrown for a loop on this one. I think that the Cowboys have more talent. I think Andy Reid is the most overrated coach in the NFL. But I love McNabb. So much. So I will just hope for an Eagles win, though I do not completely believe they will win. How does 17-14 Eagles sound?

No comments:

Post a Comment