Wednesday, July 15, 2009

NO TIME

I swear, once my first grad school semester ends next week, I will be a blogging machine. Till then, I have little to no time, as made evident by my lack of writing in the past 11 days. No FHF or anything. To tide you all over, here is Sen. Orrin Hatch's Op-Ed from espn.com about the BCS.

Also, it has been pretty slow in sports the past week, so a lot hasn't been missed, but here is a quick list of things I can think of off the top of my head, in no chronological order:

- Federer won Wimbledon again and is #1 in the world. Serena won Wimbledon and is still #2, despite winning 3 of the last 4 grand slams... Go figure.
- The AL won the All-Star Game again
- The Nats lost a lot, and fired Manny Acta. They also haven't even talked to Strasburg yet.
- We mourned the loss of Steve McNair, and it was determined his death was a murder/suicide by his 20 year old mistress.
- Boxer Arturo Gatti was killed, and his wife has been charged with the murder.
- Lance is in 3rd in Le Tour.
- Pedro came back today with the Phillies.
- Prince Fielder won the Home Run Derby.
- NBA Summer League started, and Jonny Flynn has been playing well.
- Blake Griffin has also, but Stephen Curry has not.
- Tiger won his own tournament, the AT&T National. Now he is getting ready for the British, starting tomorrow.
- Former SU running back Curtis Brinkley was shot in Philadelphia. Thankfully, he should be fine.
- A pitcher from the Giants (Sanchez, I believe), got moved from the rotation to the bullpen, only to be moved back to the rotation when the Big Unit got injured. What did Sanchez do with this second chance? Threw a no-hitter, that probably should have been a perfect game.
- Brock Lesnar destroyed Frank Mir in UFC 100, and proceeded to WWE it up by taunting and running his mouth. At least in WWE, I know it is acting. Lesnar may have been serious.
- LeBron got dunked on by a college sophomore at his basketball camp. It was caught on film, or was before LeBron had Nike reps seize the tapes. Poor form.


That's all I got right now. Back to work, and I'll be back soon. I promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment