Thursday, April 18, 2013

So About Last... Month

Lots of stuff missed.  Quick recap-

- Louisville won the NCAA Tournament.  Good for them.  I don't like Rick Pitino, he's a scumbag.

- Far more important, Syracuse went to the Final Four.  I was lucky enough to see my Orange win live at the Verizon Center, taking Indiana and Marquette apart.  Cutting down the nets to go to the Final Four IN GEORGETOWN'S BUILDING?!  Awesome.  Plus, I got to meet Derrick Coleman and Hakim Warrick.  That was a good weekend.

- Baseball is back.  I think the Nats will be contenders again, but the Braves look scary good, and we have some issues early on.  Still early.  I won't panic.  I promise.

- Derek Jeter is out until the All Star break.  Only Yankees fans are sad.

- The NBA's regular season is over, so only 5 months of playoffs left!  I kid, of course.  I suppose the biggest story from the NBA is that Kobe Bryant tore his Achilles and will miss the playoffs.  Huge blow for ratings in a star-driven league.  The real question is this:  What if Dwight Howard leads the Lakers to the title without Kobe?  What does that mean for Laker Land?  Or the NBA?

- Hockey's regular season is coming to an end too.  I am still nervous about the Caps, who have played themselves into the playoff picture and division title, but I could still see them letting it get away.  Alexander Ovechkin, by the way, is still one of the best scorers in the history of this game (when he wants to be, I guess).

- Tiger didn't win the Masters.  Adam Scott did.  It was a great final round.  That's all I got.

- Sergio will never win a major, will he?  Damn, I like Sergio.

- The NFL Draft is coming up!  I am amazingly excited, as always.  Expect my Mock Draft up sometime this weekend.  It's up to 3 rounds.  I have to decide if I should go further.

More soon, and more often.  I promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment