Wednesday, August 4, 2010

NFL Fantasy Mock Draft

Just finished an NFL Fantasy Mock Draft on ESPN.com. Thought I would share the results. It was a 12 team league, snake draft. I had the 4th pick. Small disclaimer- I usually play in a league where you get a point per reception, which would explain the running backs I took. They are not only running threats, but most catch the ball quite well, too.

Round 1- Ray Rice, RB, Baltimore
Round 2- Peyton Manning, QB, Indianapolis
Round 3- Greg Jennings, WR, Green Bay
Round 4- Jerome Harrison, RB, Cleveland
Round 5- Michael Crabtree, WR, San Francisco
Round 6- CJ Spiller, RB, Buffalo
Round 7- Jason Witten, TE, Dallas
Round 8- Michael Bush, RB, Oakland
Round 9- Matt Ryan, QB, Atlanta
Round 10- Ahmad Bradshaw, RB, New York Giants
Round 11- Golden Tate, WR, Seattle
Round 12- Defense/Special Teams, Pittsburgh
Round 13- Mike Williams, WR, Tampa Bay
Round 14- Eddie Royal, WR, Denver
Round 15- John Carlson, TE, Seattle
Round 16- Ryan Succop, K, Kansas City

I love Ray Rice, and after he carried me last year I will do anything to draft him. Peyton is a no brainer, especially with Anthony Gonzales coming back to join that talented receiving corp. Jennings and Crabtree are the best receivers on their teams, though I am always tempted to take Donald Driver later in drafts. All he does is put up numbers. Harrison was inconsistant, but explosive when he was on last year. Spiller, once he signs with the Bills, can be a better version of Reggie Bush and get a ton of fantasy points. Witten is Tony Romo's favorite target, and still a top 5 tight end. Michael Bush and Ahmad Bradshaw are solid backups that may start for their teams. Pitt's defense should be solid as always, especially with a healthy, non-Madden Cursed Troy Polamalu. Royal, Tate and Carlson are all solid players that can sub in on my starter's bye weeks.

Now, call it my college bias, but I think Mike Williams will be the steal of fantasy football this year. He didn't play every game his last year at Syracuse, and he still led the Big East in receiving. He didn't want to be in college, but on the field he was better than everyone around him. Were it not for his college trouble, he would have been picked in the first 2 rounds instead of the 4th. ESPN Insider is reporting that he has been the most impressive person in Bucs camp, and may already be the #1 wideout on the team after developing a strong bond with QB Josh Freeman. I will advise everyone to pick him up late in your drafts. I think he will be bigger than a guy like Mike Sims-Walker was last season.

2 comments:

  1. nice mock draft Jim, I like the tip about Mike Williams.

    No birds though= :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Be careful about Bradshaw, Jim. He had three operations on his feet in the off season. I'm hoping that he'll be as aggressive as ever but we're not sure yet. Jacobs was tentative for the G-Men last year so our running game is a question mark.

    ReplyDelete