Sunday, March 10, 2013

Feeling More Blue than Orange

So, I haven't written in a while because I have been angry at sports.  Not all sports, mind you.  Just college basketball.  My Syracuse Orange have been the worst 20+ win team I have ever seen play.  There is no leadership, no hustle, no consistency and no organization whatsoever.  It is difficult to watch.  Today, they were thwomped by Georgetown in the last ever meeting of the two teams as Big East rivals.  True, my Alma Mater still wins the all-time series, 48-41.  But it is a shame that we ended the rivalry with such an unworthy group of players.  Honestly, aside from CJ Fair, I would like to see them all leave. 

We have seniors that jack up 3s they can't make.  We have a point guard who turns the ball over constantly.  We have an injured center, and one with stone hands.  I am unsure how this season, which appeared to have some promise early on with wins over SDSU/Arkansas/Louisville and a long home undefeated streak, came to such a catastrophic end.  This makes last year's Fab-less team look like All-Americans.  I guess Dion Waiters really was that good (my boy is doing things for Cleveland.  Watch him sometime).

So, what is the solution?  If we magically win the Big East tournament, I suppose all is forgiven.  If we make it to the Sweet 16, I'd say we overachieved.  I am expecting to be a 5-seed, and lose in a classic 5-12 matchup to Davidson or La Salle or a bubble team like UVA.  Bring in our solid recruiting class and start over in the ACC next season.  That's the only course of action.  We will lose early in the tournament.  It will be awful to watch, but it'll be nice to know that this group of guys will never get to wear the Orange again.


Thank God it's almost baseball season.

No comments:

Post a Comment