Monday, September 6, 2010

NCAA Part II

-It is appropriate that my blog's colors are Blue, Orange and White. I chose those because of my Alma Mater, Syracuse University (1-0, by the way). However, tonight they are dedicated to the Boise State Broncos, who traveled across the country, to a "neutral site" with 80,000 opposing fans and beat the Virginia Tech Hokies 33-30. It was a great game. Boise took a 17-0 lead, only to watch that evaporate. However, trailing 30-26 with 2 minutes left, Kellen Moore (HEISMAN!) led his team downfield and tore out the Hokies' heart. It was beautiful football. Not just because I hate the ACC, but because no East Coast team has the stones to go to Boise and play the Broncs on the smurf turf. Count me in as a guy that wants to see Boise in the BCS Championship game.

- The Tulsa-ECU game was an instant classic. Love Hail Mary finishes.

- Forgot to mention this before, but Jacksonville State OLE'd Ole Miss. It was pretty fantastic.

Looking ahead to Week 2-

- Notre Dame/Michigan. It could be the tale of two coaches. RichRod fighting for his job, Brian Kelly perhaps starting a new dynasty. You know I will be watching.

- Penn State/Alabama. The Lions need to prove to me they are worthy. Taking out the #1 team in the country would do that. I say Saban gets it done, though, and JoePa won't have a National Title this year.

- Miami/Ohio State. It's a game where I will be rooting for some kind of natural disaster. Props to Miami for leaving the South for it, unlike the rest of the ACC/SEC. However, Ohio State just doesn't lose at home.

- USF/Florida. I think this is the game where it all comes crashing down. Florida looked very off against Miami (OH). Any time the USF players get to play against the schools that didn't offer them a scholarship, like UF, FSU and Miami, they seem to play harder. I think the Bulls pull a big upset.

- FSU/Oklahoma. Tons of big games this weekend, huh? Jimbo Fisher takes on Bob Stoops in Norman. It will be interesting to see if the new man at FSU can think up a defense for the OU spread. Not sure who I like in this one, but it should be entertaining.

- Syracuse/Washington. I am hoping that we win this game, cause it should lead to a 4-0 start. However, Jake Locker is really good, and we have to go across the country. So, really, I expect to lose, and pray I am surprised.


Might make some more picks during the week.

1 comment:

  1. I heard that the 'Skins are working on a trade with the Titans involving Haynesworth.

    ReplyDelete